This page takes you step by step through the procedure for transferring a domain away from and into an account at BulkRegister.
The transfer process involves the tasks that are described below. Following the transfer tasks, we provide information about tracking the progress of the transfer, and ICANN rules regarding rejections.
Transfer Task 1: Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, check the following:
- The domain name has been registered for at least 60 days, and has been at for at least 60 days.
- The domain name is not in "client update prohibited" status.
Transfer Task 5: Transfer the domain name to BulkRegister
Once you have prepared the domain name at , you're ready to transfer to BulkRegister.
To transfer your domain name to BulkRegister:
- Log on to your BulkRegister account.
- Navigate to "DOMAINS" > "transfer a domain name".
- Select a transfer method ("Autoverification" or "Fax", see Notes below) and click "Next".
List the domain names you want to transfer, one per line. Each line should include the domain name, comma, space, and then the authorization code. Separate each line using the "Enter" key:
- Set the "Registrar Lock", "Auto-Renew", "Whois", and "Password" options as you wish.
- Click "next".
- For Fax transfers, fill in the contact information and click "next".
- Click "submit".
- When the domain name contacts receive email from BulkRegister asking them to approve the transfer, do so by following the instructions in the email.
Note: To decide whether to use the Auto Verification or Fax transfer method, weigh the following considerations:
- Auto verification involves approving one domain per approval email; Fax involves assembling and faxing identity verification and a list of domains to transfer.
- Auto verification is generally easier for transferring small numbers of domains (a dozen or so; more if you donít have convenient access to a fax machine); Fax is easier for transferring larger numbers of domains.
- Auto verification allows you to transfer domains with different Registrant and Admin contacts; Fax method requires the same Registrant and Admin contact information for all domains listed in the request.
- If you plan to transfer a large number of domains, but in separate requests, ask BulkRegisterís transfer specialists to keep your proof of identity on file so you donít have to resubmit it with every transfer request.
- Auto verification is the easiest method if you are transferring from a registrar that does not list Registrant or Administrative email addresses.
- For .uk and .ca names, always use the Auto verification method.
Tracking: Interpreting status messages
After you submit a transfer request, status messages help you track progress and correct any problems that arise.
If Your Transfer Is Rejected: ICANN rules regarding transfer rejections
If your transfer is rejected, reviewing ICANN transfer rules may help you correct the reasons for rejection.