Last Updated: October 11, 2016
What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing our services (e.g., domain name registration, DNS hosting, etc.), and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses our sites. Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through, and from our website, including date and time. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Besides using the information as described above, we utilize cookies to control the flow of the ordering processes by maintaining the state of your online transactions.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
- WHOIS: We are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), the organization that assumes responsibility for domain name allocation, to collect information about you during the domain name registration process. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number. ICANN then requires us to make your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number, as well as the creation and expiration dates of your domain name registration and the name server information associated with your domain name ( "WHOIS Information"), available to the public via an interactive webpage and a "port 43" WHOIS service, unless you utilize a proxy service approved by us. In the event you elect to utilize a proxy service approved by us, the information of that proxy service, rather than your WHOIS Information, will be made available to the public. Please note that we are not able to control how members of the public may use the WHOIS Information.
- Affiliates. We are a member of the Rightside Group, Ltd. family of companies (the "Family of Companies"). The Family of Companies includes the following U.S. based companies: Acquire This Name, Inc.; DomainSite, Inc.; eNom, Incorporated; eNom1039, Inc.; eNom1040, Inc.; eNom623, Inc.; eNom625, Inc.; Hot Media, Inc.; Mobile Name Services Incorporated; Name.com, Inc.; Name.net, Inc.; Name104, Inc.; Name105, Inc.; Name106, Inc.; Name107, Inc.; Name108, Inc.; Name109, Inc.; Name110, Inc.; Name111, Inc.; Name112, Inc.; Name113, Inc.; Name114, Inc.; Name115, Inc.; Name116, Inc.; Name117, Inc.; Name118, Inc.; Name119, Inc.; Name120, Inc.; Rightside Group, Ltd.; Rightside Operating Co.; Secure Business Services, Inc.; Sipence, Incorporated; Vedacore.com, Inc.; and Whois Privacy Protection Services, Inc. The Family of Companies also includes the following non-U.S. based companies: Bejing United TLD Tech Co., Ltd.; DMIH Limited; eNom Canada Corp.; Rightside Australia Pty Ltd; Rightside Canada, Inc.; Rightside Domains Europe Limited; and United TLD Holdco Ltd. We may share information we have about you within the Family of Companies to facilitate, support, and integrate their activities and improve our services. Each U.S. based member of the Family of Companies adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles (as discussed below).
- Advertisers: We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Partners: We partner with other parties to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
- Agents: We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer services, sending postal mail and email to you, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and analyzing data. These persons have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes.
- Service Providers: We engage other companies and individuals to perform enhanced services on our behalf. In addition, certain of our enhanced services require that we contact Internet directories and various search engines on your behalf. Many of our service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- Business Transfer: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if we or all or substantially all of our assets were ever to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Compliance: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input and the information we may send to our agents.
- We have gone to great lengths to ensure your information is securely obtained and held in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. For example, we encrypt your credit card number before it is stored in our database. This helps ensure that no one may access your credit card from our system.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
- We give you access to certain information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. To view or change this information, log in to your account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Sites provided by us contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- We do not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our services only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
For European Union Citizens or Switzerland Citizens
EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
- Note that you have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data processed by us. Some personal data can be accessed, corrected, and deleted through your account. For assistance with accessing, correcting, or deleting your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that deleting your personal data may result in termination of the services you receive through us.
US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
- We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-Swiss Safe Harbor to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus.